Today is my birthday! I am 48 today. Not eleventy-one yet, but getting there...
I will always love that Julian's due date was my own birthday. He was born on March 10 by C-section, and our lives have never been the same since. He is wrapping up his gap year in Patagonia, in the south of Chile. We just got new photos from the group that are just spectacular.
I admit that I am a bit jealous. This would have been just my cup of tea at his age. I suppose that is one reason I encouraged him so strongly to do this. I remember so well my own adventures overseas way back when. They have shaped my life, and I know this will at least partially shape his. I want so much for him to have the best and widest experiences, both within and without the borders of the US. I can't wait to hear the stories from this last half of his NOLS course. We are so proud of him!







No comments:
Post a Comment